I entered the field of intellectual property law because I wanted to protect what I believe is the backbone of the world–ideas. Ideas have always been the kindling for innovation, but without protection, there’s no motivation to explore them.
Since the beginning of my legal career, I have been a part of the IpHorgan team as a clerk, paralegal and now an attorney. I’m a proud “Double Demon” having graduated from Depaul University twice–first for Political Science and again to obtain my Juris Doctor from the College of Law.
My primary practice area is trademarks law with a focus on how it intersects with modern developments like social media, video games, apps and the metaverse. I’ve taken down numerous infringers around the globe, helped strengthen my client’s brand in India, and overcome difficult office actions for a major manufacturer of laboratory analytical instruments.
When not tracking down copyright infringers, I’m an avid bowler who loves to hit the lanes at least once a week. One of my greatest accompaniments is having rolled a perfect game–something many people don’t even accomplish once in their lifetime. When I’m not bowling, you can often find me watching the Winnipeg Jets or Cincinnati Bengals (depending on the season).
Want more information on working with our team?
Areas of Focus
- Conducting trademark searches to assess the risk of pursuing a particular mark.
- Filing applications and addressing examiner objections to obtain trademark registrations for clients.
- Opposing and canceling competing third party rights to reinforce the strength of our clients’ brands.
- Confronting businesses, website owners, and social media pages for trademark prosecution.
- B.A., DePaul University
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law (Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Managing Editor of Articles for DePaul Journal of Sports Law)
- State of Illinois Bar
Schedule a Complimentary 15-Min Discovery Call To Identify Your IP Legal needs.
Or call our team directly at 847-808-5500
Tell us about your goals in a few words, and our team will be in touch to help you take the next steps!