Zeynel M. Karcioglu
I’ve been an IP lawyer for over 20 years, and love to help clients leverage their IP to make the most of their business assets and brand. I also enjoy protecting against overreach, so that their valuable ideas can be capitalized on in the marketplace.
Everyday, I provide clients with answers to difficult questions. My values are simple – work with clients to streamline the delivery of legal services in order to keep up with changing client needs, markets and consumer environments.
I started my career at one of the largest IP-only firms in the country with over 200 IP professionals, and have also had experience with small firms. I’m honored to have been selected as a New York Metro Area Super Lawyer® in the field of Intellectual Property and Business Litigation from 2015-2019. This recognition is a testament to my dedication to providing quality legal services to my clients.
In recent months, I’ve successfully negotiated the resolution of a client’s copyright claim, resulting in a significant six-figure settlement without the need for a costly and risky federal litigation. I also provide trademark and copyright/fair use clearance work for television series and films.
In my free time I like to travel with my family and put my language skills to the test. I’m a native English speaker, but fluent in Turkish and also speak Spanish and French.
Want more information on working with our team?
Areas of Focus
- Trademark clearance and opinion work
- License drafting, negotiation and review
- Helping international and domestic client base procure, manage and protect trademark and copyright portfolios.
- Representing clients (plaintiff and defendant) in federal litigation and TTAB proceedings.
- Software licensing and Master Service Agreements for the creation and utilization of intellectual property.
- Conducting IP due diligence and representing buyers and sellers of businesses in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Representing authors negotiate publishing contracts.
- Providing fair use and clearance opinions for motion picture/television productions.
- A.B., University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- JD/MBA George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- State of Illinois Bar
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Schedule a Complimentary 15-Min Discovery Call To Identify Your IP Legal needs.
Or call our team directly at 847-808-5500
Tell us about your goals in a few words, and our team will be in touch to help you take the next steps!