I’ve spent my career with IpHorgan specializing primarily in trademark and copyright law, and find satisfaction in assisting our clients through the creative process on the legal side. I help our clients find the right brand name, and the right strategies to enforce and protect their creative works.
Having studied marketing and art management, as well as international economics and global marketing, I bring a unique viewpoint to my work as an attorney. That intersection of business and the arts provides our clients with the kind of insights that help bring their products to market in smart, effective and efficient ways.
I’ve worked with clients from a range of industries, including startups and artists, to corporations with global intellectual property portfolios. I’ve tackled issues including foreign and domestic trademark clearance, registration and maintenance. I also assist buyers, sellers, licensors, and licensees in all aspects related to the transfer of intellectual property for portfolios in virtually every jurisdiction
Recently, I was able to secure a smooth transfer of portfolio rights for a major merger in the industrial industry. I also currently manage the enforcement strategy for one of the largest insect repellent brands on the market.
When I’m not working to keep my clients’ IP secure, you can find me being a mom to my two kids. In my free time, I love running, cooking, painting and gardening.
Let’s work together to find creative solutions to protect the ideas your team brings to life.
Areas of Focus
- Overseas Trademark and copyright enforcement
- Transfer of intellectual property for portfolios
- Enforcement against counterfeiters and cyber-squatters
- Trademark, patent, domain and copyright rights
- B.S., Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- International Business & Global Marketing, Regent’s University London
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law (Certificate in Intellectual Property Law; Legislative Updates Editor for DePaul Journal of Art and Entertainment Law)
- State of Illinois Bar
- State of North Carolina Bar
Schedule a Complimentary 15-Min Discovery Call To Identify Your IP Legal needs.
Or call our team directly at 847-808-5500
Tell us about your goals in a few words, and our team will be in touch to help you take the next steps!